KINU is hosting a five-day Web 2.0 Training Course from 06 - 10 May 2013 in Dar es Salaam in cooperation with CTA (Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation).
The training course is provided free of charge for up to 25 participants who will be selected based on an application process. Participants are responsible for their own travel and subsistence costs. Please submit your application online by 18 April.
- Introduction to the participatory World Wide Web (Web 2.0) and to social media;
- Search Magic: How to conduct advanced multilingual online searches;
- Information Self Service: How to get selected information served to you via alerts and RSS feeds;
- Remote collaboration: How to develop content remotely using wikis and Google Docs;
- Online mapping: How to locate your organisation and your projects on an online map;
- How to communicate voice over the internet at no cost;
- Online publishing (micro-blogging and blogging);
- Professional / corporate social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook);
- Web 2.0 self-instruction (introduction to IMARK)
- be computer literate and conversant with browsing the Internet;
- have regular access to a computer (ownership of a computer is an advantage);
- be in a position to take along a WIFI-enabled laptop to the training;
- be competent in the use of the English language;
- have an active e-mail account;
- be actively engaged in agriculture and rural development / natural resource management / biodiversity conservation in the domains of ICT for development (ICT4D), policies, markets; publishing, communication and media; and
- be resident in Tanzania.
Please click here to download the information pack.