ERAfrica has launched a joint Call to create long-term research collaboration between EU Member States, Associated Countries and Africa. The Joint Call closes on 15 April 2013 with the following themes:
Please download the relevant documentation by theme using the links above and read the conditions carefully.
Three types of funding instruments are envisaged
- Collaborative Research Projects
Joint undertaking by a consortium to produce new knowledge through scientific research, with each team pursuing specific task objectives with a view to pooling the results to contribute to achievement of common, well defined project objectives
- Collaborative Innovation Projects
Joint undertaking by a consortium to bridge the gap between the outcomes of research projects and commercialisation by supporting activities related to the first application and further market uptake of innovative techniques, processes, products or services and helping overcome barriers that hamper commercial success.
- Capacity Building Project
Joint undertaking by consortium to assist relevant organisations to improve their capacities and/or their enabling environment for research and innovation.
Projects can last up to 36 months, depending on the national regulations of the individual funding parties.
The funding is restricted to researchers employed at an eligible institution in the countries providing the funding contribution:
- Renewal Energy: Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Egypt, Kenya, South Africa, Belgium, Finland, Norway, Turkey
- Interfacing Challenges: Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Egypt, Kenya, South Africa, Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal and Turkey
- New Ideas: Cote d'Ivoire, Kenya, South Africa, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland and Turkey
The project consortium must comprise of partners from at least 4 different countries with a minimum of 2 from EU Member States/Associated Countries and 2 from Africa.