06 August 2018
Horizon 2020 commenced in January 2014 as the new Framework Programme to implement the Innovation Union with research and innovation funds of €80 billion from 2014 - 2020.
Horizon 2020 addresses all research and innovation funding that was previously provided through the Framework Programmes for Research and Technical Development (e.g. FP7), Competitiveness and Innovation Programme (CIP) and European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
The Work Programmes for 2018 - 2020 were published on 27 October 2017, with the updated version for 2019 published on 24 July 2018. The Work Programme links in this area provide access to the updated 2018 - 2020 Work programmes as at 24 July 2018.
Links to updated Work Programmes are provided below:
- Societal Challenges:
- Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research, and the bio-economy Work Programme
- Secure, clean and efficient energy Work Programme
- Smart, green and integrated transport Work Programme
- Climate action, resource efficiency and raw materials Work Programme
- Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies Work Programme
- Secure Societies Work Programme
IST-Africa Guide to 2019 Calls for Proposals in Horizon 2020 provides an overview of Calls, themes and deadlines during 2018 within the Marie Curie, eInfrastructures, Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies (LEIT) and each of the Societal Challenges (Health, Food Security and Agriculture, Energy, Transport, Environment, Inclusive and Reflective Societies, Secure Societies) Work Programmes.
ICT is a horizontal activity that is included across a number of Work Programmes within LEIT and within Societal Challenges.