IST-Africa 2006 features an Exhibition, which provides the opportunity to showcase research results and applications through technology demonstrations, whether funded commercially or at national, regional or European level. While some space will be offered for posters, most of the Exhibition will be reserved for innovative technology demonstrations.
Demonstration stands are reserved for live technology demonstrations, but can feature early prototypes or a pre-commercial launch to a highly targeted, knowledgeable community.
Participation in the Exhibition is rewarding, as it provides a valuable opportunity to make international contacts and to build relationships with potential partners or clients from around the world.
To maximise demonstration and networking opportunities for exhibitors, all coffee breaks are held in the Exhibition area.
The IST-Africa Consortium is sponsoring a limited amount of exhibition space for suitable demonstrations and posters at IST-Africa 2006 under a Competitive Call for Exhibitors. Potential exhibitors will be selected based on the quality and relevance of their submission to the conference themes, with preference given to those presenting innovative technology demonstrations.
Applications will be accepted up to 28 February. All applicants who apply online via the Competitive Call will receive feedback by 06 March, with payment registration due by 24 March.
Since the level of competition for available demonstration stands is likely to be high, applicants are advised to clearly state what they are planning to demonstrate and the value add for conference delegates.
1. All demonstration stands must be manned during specific exhibition times (10:30 - 11:00, 12:30 - 14:00, 15:30 - 16:00 and additionally 17:30 - 20:00 on Wednesday 03 May).
2. While the IST-Africa Consortium is sponsoring basic demonstration and poster space, all exhibitors (demonstration stand or poster space) must register and pay as a conference delegate by 24 March
3. PCs, monitors and Internet access are additional items. Each exhibitor is responsible for ordering and paying for such services, if required, with relevant suppliers.
4. Stand material, posters and literature should be put in place between 14:00 - 20:00 on Tuesday 02 May or before 08:30 on Wednesday 03 May. Nothing should be removed before 15:00 on Friday 05 May. Exhibitors must remove all materials from their stands between 16:00 - 18:00 on Friday 05 May.
5. Material may be removed if the content or quality is not regarded as suitable by the Organising Committee.
6. While security staff will be present and the conference will not be open to the general public, the organisers cannot take responsibility for any losses incurred and exhibitors should ensure that they have sufficient insurance cover.
If you are already registered on the IST-Africa portal, please click Log in to access the Exhibition Application Form. Please do not register again.
If you have not previously registered on the IST-Africa portal, click New User and complete your contact details. Upon submission you will receive a username and password by e-mail to access the portal.