The conference language is English. Only full papers are assigned for review.
Submissions should be for technical, policy or visionary papers, and business, government or societal sector case studies within the scope of the conference.
Papers should be submitted online by the extended deadline of 18 December 2020.
Papers must present analysis of initial or final research results or a case study. General project descriptions or project proposals will not be assigned for review.
It is important to highlight actual or expected impact as well as the level of innovation.
Any elements of the paper previously published should be carefully referenced. Authors should undertake a plagiarism check prior to submission and ensure that all content is appropriately referenced including self-references. IST-Africa will also run a plagiarism check prior to allocation of papers for review.
It is necessary for papers submitted to include new elements that have not previously been published to warrant inclusion in the conference proceedings. Any visionary elements in paper should be supported by mini use cases to illustrate applicability.
Each presenter can present ONE paper in the Programme. It is necessary for papers to be presented by an author / co-author and answer questions based on the presentation during the event to ensure inclusion in the Proceedings.
Please only submit papers for review where there are authors/co-authors who will complete registration if accepted for inclusion in the Programme and present the results. Please do not submit multiple papers for which there is only one author who can register.
Full Papers (8 pages, c. 4,000 - 5,000 words) using the IST-Africa Template must be registered on the conference portal by the extended deadline of 18 December 2020.
It is a condition of submitting a paper that (a) authors act on feedback and comments provided by the International Programme Committee (IPC) to ensure high quality conference proceedings, (b) presenters act on feedback provided by their Session Chair to ensure high quality presentations, (c) presenters register and pay the participant's fee by 12 March 2021, before the publication of the Final Programme, and (d) an author or co-author will present the paper during the event and answer questions based on the presentation.
If you have already submitted a paper version and wish to update it prior to being submitted for review, please LOG IN and click RESUBMIT on your My Page. Please do not set up multiple records for the same paper.
2. All papers are double blind reviewed. Please ensure that there are no contact details within the text of your paper submission for review (Word document, .doc format), the properties of the file or the file name prior to uploading it onto the server. All author/co-author details should be included in the online submission form.
3. Please save the Word document as .doc . To convert .docx to .doc, open the document, select Save As - select "Word 97 - 2003 Document (*.doc) as the format and Save. Then upload the .doc version of the paper online.
4. If you have not previously registered on the IST-Africa portal, please click on New User and complete your contact details. The server will issue you with a username and password by e-mail to allow you to access your personal page.
5. Upon completion of your details, you will automatically be redirected to the paper submission form where you will enter your paper title, author / co-authors and the relevant classification (paper type and thematic classification).
6. If you have already registered, please login using your existing log in details (which can be retrieved via Password Reminder) and click Continue to submit the paper.
7. Upon successful upload of your paper, the server will issue an automated acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail and you will see the paper submitted via your My Page.
8. You can review the paper submitted via your personal page and update and resubmit it up to the extended deadline of 18 December 2020. Each submission receives a unique reference number.
Updated versions for a submission must be submitted by clicking on the RESUBMIT link beside the Paper link in the Paper Details section on your personal page after logging in. Previous versions of your paper are automatically overwritten when a new version is saved. Only the last version submitted before the deadline is reviewed. Please DO NOT submit multiple versions of the same paper as new records.
Please note that once a paper has been allocated to the Programme Committee for review, it is no longer possible to resubmit it.
9. Each presenter can present ONE paper in the Programme. It is necessary for papers to be presented by an author / co-author who will also answer questions based on the presentation during the event to ensure inclusion in the Proceedings.
10. Please only submit papers for review where there is an author / co-author who will register and present the paper if accepted for inclusion in the Programme. Please do not submit multiple papers for which there is only one author who can register.
11. Please note the Organising Committee will only communicate with the author who submitted the paper.