The IST-Africa 2020 Programme will incorporate Opening and Closing Plenary Sessions and a Scientific Programme with Parallel Sessions featuring presenters from public, private, education and research organisations in Europe and Africa.
Focused on Information Society and ICT Policy Dialogues, International Development and Research Cooperation and Community Building, each conference brings together senior representatives of leading public, private, education and research organisations from 50 countries to discuss policy, share insight and identify collaboration opportunities.
The goals of the IST-Africa Conference Series are to
- Support Development of the Information Society and Knowledge Economy in Africa
- Promote International Research Innovation, and Policy Cooperation and Coordination
- Showcase African Research and Innovation Capacity
- Stimulate exploitation of research results by the public and private sectors
The Scientific Programme for IST-Africa 2020 is based on a double blind peer review of Papers submitted to an open Call for Papers which closes on 09 December 2019.
Workshop proposals can also be submitted online for consideration. A workshop session normally lasts for 90 mins with 4 - 5 presenters per session.
- Global Development including ICT4D
- mAgriculture / eAgriculture & Environmental Sustainability
- mHealth, eHealth & Health Information Systems
- eGovernment - Services to Citizens & Business
- Collaborative Open Innovation and ICT-enabled Entrepreneurship (including Social Entrepreneurship)
- Content Technologies: Languages; Digital Preservation
- Cyber Security, Privacy and Trust
- eInfrastructures and NRENs (National Research and Education Networks)
- Next Generation Computing: Big Data, Cloud Computing, Future Internet, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Technology-enhanced Learning and eSkills
- Societal Implications of Technology