IST-Africa 2017 Programme
The Advance Programme features an Opening and Closing Plenary Session and a Scientific Programme with 40 thematically focused sessions featuring over 190 presenters from public, private, education and research organisations in 35 countries. The IST-Africa Workshop on Open Innovation, ICT and Social Entrepreneurship in Africa is on Tuesday 30 May. Click here to download the Advance Programme brochure.
Plenary Panellists confirmed to date include:
- Hon. Dr. Itah Kandjii-Murangi, Minister of Higher Education, Training and Innovation, Namibia
- Dr Eino Mvula, CEO, National Commission on Research Science and Technology, Namibia
- Mr Mbeuta Ua-Ndjarakana, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of ICT, Namibia
- Mr Festus K. Mbandeka, CEO, Communications Regulatory Authority of Namibia
- Ms Karin Amukugo, Department of Public Service Information Technology Management
- Mr Vassilis Kopanas, International Cooperation, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Dr Pascal Hoba, CEO, UbuntuNet Alliance
- Prof Kingo Mchombu, Pro-Vice Chancellor Academic and Research, International University of Management
- Dr Anicia Peters, Dean: Faculty of Computing and Informatics, Namibia University of Science and Technology
- Mr. John Sifani, Director: Centre for Innovation and Development, University of Namibia
- Mr Theo Klein, Managing Director, Telecom Namibia
- Mr Francesco Affinito, Head of sector for Research or Development, DG DEVCO, European Commission
The Scientific Programme for IST-Africa 2017 is based on a double blind peer review of Papers submitted to an open Call for Papers which closed on 23 December 2016. Authors should now review the IPC feedback provided on accepted papers and submit their updated Final Paper using the IST-Africa paper template via their My Page and complete online registration by 20 March to ensure that final accepted papers can be included in the Proceedings.