IST-Africa 2022 Programme
The Scientific Programme for IST-Africa 2022 is based on a double blind peer review of Papers submitted to an open Call for Papers which closed in late December 2021.
Invited Presentations included:
- Welcome Address - His Excellency. Dr. Blade Nzimande, Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology, South Africa, represented by Daan du Toit, Deputy Director-General: International Cooperation and Resources, Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa
- Development of Cyber-Infrastructure in Africa integrated with Large Scale Science Projects - Dr Happy Sithole, Centre Manager: National Integrated Cyber-Infrastructure System (NICIS), South Africa
- SAIS 2 - Supporting Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Southern Africa 2017-2022 - Ilari Lindy, Lead Expert, Southern African Innovation Support Programme, Belgium
- C4IR SA Achievements to Date and Way Forward - Dr Ntsibane Ntlatlapa and Obakeng Hlatshwayo, C4IR South Africa
- Inclusive Digital Society in Africa based on Affordable Connectivity & Sustainable Digital Businesses - Dr Fisseha Mekuria, Chief Researcher, Next Generation Enterprises and Institutions, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), South Africa
- Towards an Open Science Policy for South Africa - Dr Daniel Adams, Chief Director, Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa
- Long term Potential and Sustainability of Space Science and Technology - Carla Sharpe, Africa Program Manager, South African Radio Astronomy Observatory
- Closing Address - Daan du Toit, Deputy Director-General: International Cooperation and Resources, Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa
The IST-Africa 2022 Final Programme incorporates 29 thematically focused sessions featuring over 85 presenters from the public, private, education, research and societal organisations from 20 countries. Click here to download pdf.
Click here to view program recordings.
Thematic areas include:
- Monday 16 May - eGovernment, Collaborative Open Innovation and ICT-enabled Entrepreneurship, CyberSecurity
- Tuesday 17 May - eHealth
- Wednesday 18 May - Content Technologies, Next Generation Computing
- Thursday 19 May - Technology-enhanced Learning, Societal Implications of Technology
- Friday 20 May - eAgriculture