IST-Africa 2013 features an Exhibition, which provides the opportunity to showcase research results and applications through innovative technology demonstrations.
Demonstration stands are reserved for live technology demonstrations, but can feature early prototypes or a pre-commercial launch to a highly targeted, knowledgeable community.
Participation in the Exhibition is rewarding, as it provides a valuable opportunity to make international contacts and to build relationships with potential partners or clients from around the world.
The IST-Africa Consortium is sponsoring a limited amount of exhibition space for suitable demonstrations from African Universities and Research Institutes at IST-Africa 2013 under a Competitive Call for Exhibitors. Potential exhibitors will be selected based on the quality and relevance of their submission to the conference themes, with preference given to those presenting innovative technology demonstrations.
Commercial enterprises who wish to exhibit will be asked to make a contribution towards the cost of space and shell scheme, subject to sufficient space being available.
Applications will be accepted up to 30 April. All applicants who apply online via the Competitive Call will receive feedback by 03 May, with payment registration due by 08 May.
Since the level of competition for available demonstration stands is likely to be high, applicants are advised to clearly state what they are planning to demonstrate and the value add for conference delegates.
1. All demonstration stands must be manned during specific exhibition times (10:30 - 11:00, 12:30 - 14:00, 15:30 - 16:00).
2. While the IST-Africa Consortium is sponsoring basic demonstration space for selected demonstration from African Universities, all exhibitors must register and pay as a conference delegate by 08 May. At least two delegates must be registered in association with each demonstration stand.
3. Commercial enterprises who wish to exhibit will be asked to make a contribution towards the cost of space and shell scheme. All Exhibitors must registration as pay as conference delegates by 08 April.
4. Exhibitors are responsible for ordering and paying for PCs, monitors and dedicated Internet access. Exhibitors can bring their own equipment.
5. Stand material, posters and literature should be put in place between 15:00 - 18:00 on Tuesday 28 May or before 08:30 on Wednesday 29 May. Nothing should be removed before 14:00 on Friday 31 May. Exhibitors must remove all materials from their stands between 14:00 - 16:00 on Friday 31 May.
6. Material may be removed and the offer of a sponsored demonstration stand withdrawn if the content or quality is not regarded as suitable by the Organising Committee.
7. While security staff will be present and the conference will not be open to the general public, the organisers cannot take responsibility for any losses incurred and exhibitors should ensure that they have sufficient insurance cover for all equipment used.
If you are already registered on the IST-Africa portal, please click Log in to access the Exhibition Application Form using your existing log in details. Please do not register again.
If you have not previously registered on the IST-Africa portal, click New User and complete your contact details. Upon submission you will allocated a username and password which can be retrieved via Password Reminder.