IST-Africa 2022 Report - Access Recordings
IST-Africa 2022 was a highlighly successful, dynamic and intense week, with rich and impactful discussions around both opportunities and challenges associated with leveraging Digital Technologies for Economic Growth and Development. IST-Africa 2022 took place as the seventeenth edition as a virtual event from 16 - 20 May, organised by IST-Africa Institute and IIMC, Ireland in cooperation with the Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa.
IST-Africa 2022 was hosted by the Government of South Africa through the Department of Science and Innovation, Supported by the European Commission and African Union Commission, with IEEE Africa Council, IEEE Society of Societal Implications of Technology and IEEE UK and Ireland SSIT Chapter as Technical Co-Sponsors.
IST-Africa 2022 provided a world-class international forum to showcase existing technology-enabled Research, Innovation and ICT4D activities and capacity in Africa, Europe and other parts of the world. The IST-Africa 2022 Final Programme incorporates 29 thematically focused sessions featuring over 85 presenters from public, private, education, research and societal organisations in 20 countries.
We encourage you to access presentation recordings from IST-Africa 2022 Programme (provided in the links below) to learn more about leveraging Digital Technologies to support Economic Growth and Development.
Invited Presentations included:
- Welcome Address - His Excellency Dr. Blade Nzimande, Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology, South Africa, represented by Daan du Toit, Deputy Director-General: International Cooperation and Resources, Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa
- Development of Cyber-Infrastructure in Africa integrated with Large Scale Science Projects - Dr Happy Sithole, Centre Manager: National Integrated Cyber-Infrastructure System (NICIS), South Africa
- SAIS 2 - Supporting Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Southern Africa 2017-2022 - Ilari Lindy, Lead Expert, Southern African Innovation Support Programme, Belgium
- C4IR SA Achievements to Date and Way Forward , Dr Ntsibane Ntlatlapa and Obakeng Hlatshwayo, C4IR South Africa
- Inclusive Digital Society in Africa based on Affordable Connectivity & Sustainable Digital Businesses - Dr Fisseha Mekuria, Chief Researcher, Next Generation Enterprises and Institutions, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), South Africa
- Towards an Open Science Policy for South Africa - Dr Daniel Adams, Chief Director, Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa
- Long term Potential and Sustainability of Space Science and Technology - Carla Sharpe, Africa Program Manager, South African Radio Astronomy Observatory
- Closing Address - Daan du Toit, Deputy Director-General: International Cooperation and Resources, Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa
Thematic areas included:
Monday 16 May - eGovernment 1 - eGovernment 2 - Collaborative Open Innovation and ICT-enabled Entrepreneurship - Cyber Security
Tuesday 17 May - eHealth 1 - eHealth 2 - eHealth 3
Wednesday 18 May - Content Technologies - Next Generation Computing 1 - Next Generation Computing 2 - Next Generation Computing 3
Thursday 19 May - Technology Enhanced Learning 1 - Technology Enhanced Learning 2 - Technology Enhanced Learning 3 , - Societal Implications of Technology
Friday 20 May - eAgriculture 1 - eAgriculture 2 - eAgriculture 3
|Powered by ConferenceManager||(c) 2004-2014|