IST-Africa 2017 Final Programme
23 March 2017
Hosted by the Government of Namibia through the National Commission on Research, Science and Technology, and Supported by the European Commission (EC) and African Union Commission (AUC), IST-Africa 2017 (31 May - 02 June) is the twelfth in an annual series of Ministerial Level Technology Research Conferences, which is taking place in Windhoek, Namibia.
IST-Africa provides a platform in Africa to strengthen Innovation, Science and Technology related policy dialogues within Africa and between Africa and Europe, supporting the goals of Africa-EU Strategic Partnership. IST-Africa is a unique community that brings together cross disciplinary stakeholders from public, private, education and research, societal sector with end user communities focused on ICT and STI Research and Innovation.
IEEE Experts in Technology and Policy (ETAP Forum) on Cybersecurity, 30 May
IST-Africa is cooperating with IEEE to organise the first IEEE Experts in Technology and Policy (ETAP) Forum on Internet Governance, Cybersecurity, Privacy and Inclusion to take place in Africa as the pre-conference event on Tuesday 30 May.
This pre-conference workshop is designed to bring together technology developers and policy makers to debate current and future Internet governance, cybersecurity and privacy issues across the African continent. Presentations will share experiences from Namibia, South Africa, Cameroon and NEPAD, followed by group work around specific topics.
IST-Africa 2017 Programme
The Final Programme features an Opening and Closing Plenary Session and a Scientific Programme with 40 thematically focused sessions featuring over 190 presenters from public, private, education and research organisations in 35 countries.
Thematically focused parallel sessions feature different aspects of International Cooperation, eHealth, Technology Enhanced Learning and ICT Skills, CyberSecurity, Privacy and Trust, Next Generation Computing including Internet-of things, eGovernment, ICT4D, eAgriculture, Content Technologies and Societal Implications of Technology.
Click here to download the Final Programme brochure.
Plenary Speakers and Panellists confirmed to date include:
- Hon. Dr Saara Kuugongelwa-Amadhila, Prime Minister of Namibia
- Hon. Tjekero Tweya, Minister of Information and Communication Technology, Namibia
- Mr. Nhlanhla Lupahla: Deputy Director: Innovation, Ministry of Higher Education, Training and Innovation, Namibia
- Mr Raniero Leto, First Counsellor, European Union Delegation to Namibia
- Dr Eino Mvula, CEO, National Commission on Research Science and Technology, Namibia
- Mr Mbeuta Ua-Ndjarakana, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of ICT, Namibia
- Mr. Erastus Amutenya, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Department of Public Service Information Technology Management, Office of Prime Minister
- Ms Emilia Nghikembua, Head: Legal Advice, Communications Regulatory Authority of Namibia
- Wilfred Kuria, CEO, Xnet Development Trust, Namibia
- Prof Kingo Mchombu, Pro-Vice Chancellor Academic and Research, International University of Management
- Dr Anicia Peters, Dean: Faculty of Computing and Informatics, Namibia University of Science and Technology
- Mr. John Sifani, Director: Centre for Innovation and Development, University of Namibia
- Mr Laban Hiwilepo, Chief Operations Officer, Telecom Namibia
- Mr Francesco Affinito, Head of Sector for Research and Innovation, DG DEVCO, European Commission
- Dr Towela Nyirenda-Jere, NEPAD Agency, South Africa
- Mrs Ndeshipanda Ndilula, Director, DPSITM, Office of the Prime Minister, Namibia
- Flora Ismail Tibazarwa, SAIS II, Namibia
- Dr Maike Luiken, IEEE, Canada
|Powered by ConferenceManager||(c) 2004-2014|