Hosted by the Government of South Africa through the Department of Science and Innovation and Supported by the European Commission (EC) and African Union Commission (AUC), IST-Africa 2021 (10 - 14 May) was the sixteenth in an annual series of Ministerial Level Technology Research and Innovation Conferences.
IST-Africa took place for the second time as a very successful virtual conference during the COVID-19 pandemic. IST-Africa 2021 was very well attended with over 400 participants from 36 counties around the world. Feedback received from speakers and delegates was very positive. Sessions were interactive in nature with a good level of knowledge sharing.
Click here to access the IST-Africa 2021 Conference Proceedings
The IST-Africa 2021 Final Programme incorporated 30 thematically focused sessions featuring over 120 presenters from the public, private, education, research and societal organisations from 25 countries. Thematic areas include: CyberSecurity, Collaborative Open Innovation and ICT-enabled Entrepreneurship, Global Development, Content Technologies, eHealth, eGovernment, Societal Implications of Technology, Next Generation Computing, eInfrastructure, ICT Supporting Power Delivery, Technology-enhanced Learning, eAgriculture and Environmental Sustainability.
Plenary Presentations included:
- Welcome Address - Mr Buti Manamela, Deputy Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology, South Africa
- Lessons Learnt from Leveraging Technological Innovation to Manage a Pandemic - Dr Mmboneni Muofhe, Deputy Director-General: Technology Innovation, Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa
- Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) - Professor Tshilidzi Marwala, Vice-Chancellor and Principal of the University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- C4IR South Africa - Supporting Transformation of Manufacturing by Leveraging the Current Wave of Technological Revolution - Ntsibane Ntlatlapa, Head of the South African Affiliate C4IR Centre
- Horizon Europe - Building on EU-Africa Cooperation - Maria Cristina Russo, Director, Global Approach & International Cooperation in R&I, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission , Belgium
- From Principles to Actions: Open Science in Africa - Dr Sepo Hachigonta, Director, Strategic Partnerships, National Research Foundation, South Africa
- IST-Africa - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow - Daan du Toit, Deputy Director-General: International Cooperation and Resources, Department of Science and Innovation, South Africa
IST-Africa 2021 was Technical Co-Sponsored by IEEE Africa Council, IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology, IEEE Education Society, IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society, IEEE South Africa Section, IEEE Tunisia Section, IEEE Uganda Section and IEEE UK and Ireland SSIT Chapter.
IST-Africa 2022 will take place in Pretoria, South Africa in May 2022 hosted by the Government of South Africa through the Department of Science and Innovation.
|Powered by ConferenceManager||(c) 2004-2014|